We are an online institutional publisher of electronic journals, working papers / report series, conference proceedings, and databases. We plan to expand our range of publication formats during 2017–18, enabling us to publish research monographs and non-traditional outputs.
We are currently a Diamond Open Access publisher, offering all our publications free of charge to readers worldwide under a CC licence. We do not charge authors and editors for publishing with us.
We are happy to consider proposals for new titles, or applications from editors wishing to transfer established titles to Cardiff University Press. Please check the guidelines below, then contact us for further information, or to request an application form.
Guidelines for proposals
- Titles must be managed by an independent editorial panel of acknowledged experts in the field, including at least one Cardiff University academic.
- Themes and subject areas should be relevant to the research interests of at least one Cardiff University academic or group of academics.
- There must be no charges for authors and other contributors to publish their work, and we apply Open Access licences to all work published by Cardiff University Press. The editor of each title can choose either CC-BY (Attribution) or CC-BY-NC-ND (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives) as its default licence. We allow individual authors to opt for either licence for their own work, so that they can ensure UK funder compliance, and will provide details of the two licences we offer so that both editors and authors are in a position to choose which one is most appropriate.
- Calls for publication should actively encourage submissions from international contributors.
On submission of your application, your proposal will be reviewed by the Cardiff University Press Editorial Board. If your application is successful, we will agree a publishing contract with you and advise you on compiling a Licence to Publish document for your authors.
- Please check your chosen publication’s submission guidelines at https://publications.cardiffuniversitypress.org/
- Each publication’s guidelines will indicate whether the editor wishes to receive your submission via email, or via the Open Journal Systems (OJS) submission process. For OJS submissions, you will need to register on the OJS site.
- As a Diamond Open Access publisher, we will not charge you any fees to publish articles with us. The full text of your work will be available free of charge for anyone to read online.
- We allow you to retain copyright over your work. You will be asked to choose between two Creative Commons licences. Your editor can advise you on this. You may self-archive your work at any stage, but we ask that you acknowledge the Cardiff University Press publication as the definitive source of your work, the version of record.