Established in 2014, Cardiff University Press (CardiffUP) is an online Open Access publisher of academic research. It is currently unique in operating the Diamond model of Open Access, where charges are made neither to authors nor to readers (‘free in, free out’) for journal publications. Our bywords are ‘Rigour, Diversity and Relevance’.
Cardiff University Press has accepted a number of journals and one database to date, all of which have international editorial boards (each including a connection to Cardiff University). Our longer-term aim is to add quality monographs, books, and research outputs with non-traditional formats to our range of online publications. We welcome proposals for new titles, or applications from editors wishing to transfer established publications to Cardiff University Press. If you have a proposal for a journal or other publication, please contact us.
To develop Cardiff University Press further as a high-impact, pioneering institutional publisher, committed to innovation and excellence in publishing, for the benefit of both academia and the wider external community.
To publish high-quality original academic research online with no charges to editors or authors for our basic services, to ensure that the publications conform to Open Access principles, and to comply with funder and HEFCE mandates through Creative Commons licences.
- To support Open Access to scholarly research
- To facilitate cross-disciplinary and international research collaborations
- To increase Cardiff University’s engagement with the wider community, both local and international, by making the University’s own research outputs more accessible to everyone
- To ensure that Cardiff University Press publications are compliant with the next REF (Research Excellence Framework) where applicable
- To provide excellent services to editors and authors
- To support the professionalisation of Cardiff University students by offering them work experience on editorial teams
- To provide innovative publishing opportunities not readily available elsewhere
- To offer a platform for research outputs in the Welsh language
- To work with other universities and learned societies throughout the UK and worldwide, providing publishing opportunities for their research
The Editorial Board comprises Cardiff University academic staff with diverse, established experience of Open Access publishing, and members of the University Library Service who manage Cardiff University Press’ operational aspects.
Alice Percival, Secretary
Part-time Executive Officer of Cardiff University Press, and Assistant Subject Librarian – Business, University Library Service, Cardiff University.
Director of Cardiff University Libraries and University Librarian.
PhD student, School of English, Communication & Philosophy, Cardiff University.
PhD student, School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies, Cardiff University.